Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I have a chapter 7 in process in las vegas, nv. I have a…

I have a chapter 7...
I have a chapter 7 in process in las vegas, nv. I have a court date set for a reaffirmation agreement for my mortgage. I would like to change my court date to a more current date. What motion with the court would I need to file? Would I need to notify the mortgage company for this matter or/and just the bankruptcy courts?
12/7/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

First you need to contact the Attorney for the mortgage company to see if he or she would agree to change the date for the hearing. If the Attorney agrees, both of you can do a consented to Motion for change of the hearing date and file it with the Court and send a copy of the Chapter 7 Trustee and U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee for your Region. If the Attorney does not agree, then you need to file Motion to change the hearing date and tell the Court the reason for your request. You MUST serve a copy of this Motion on the mortgage company's Attorney, the Chapter Bankruptcy Trustee, U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee of your Region (Office of U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee).

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law