Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I am in Chapter 13 now and have a car payment. My mom is…

Customer Question
I am in Chapter...

I am in Chapter 13 now and have a car payment. My mom is getting me a car and need to know how to go about getting rid of my car

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

For the car, no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
12/7/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I’ll be glad to assist.If you want to surrender the vehicle in your chapter 13, then you can elect not to reaffirm the contract and turn the vehicle over to the lender.Your lawyer should be able to help get that done as part of your chapter 13 plan proposal.