Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I have filed a chapter 7 back in June of this year.. today I…

I have filed a...

I have filed a chapter 7 back in June of this year.. today I got into an accident to which the other party was at fault.. i has to go to the hospital... if I am

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Awarded any money will it be part of the filing

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just got into an accident today but the bankruptcy was filed back in June

11/23/2017
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If an injury happens after you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, it is not part of the bankruptcy estate. Thus, you can keep any award or settlement.

I filed a chapter 7 in June of this year and got my discharge info.... I got into an accident today.. the person at fault if I get a settlement is that safe?

Yes, if the accident occurred AFTER you filed chapter 7, it should not be part of your bankruptcy estate.

Roger, Attorney
Phone call session started