Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

My daughter's ex-husband filed for bankruptcy and included…

Customer Question
My daughter's ex-husband filed...

My daughter's ex-husband filed for bankruptcy and included the house which she rec'd in divorce on quit claim deed, She pays mortage payment each month and is not behind at all. Each month, however, when she calls to make payment she is told that she does not have to make these payments since the house loan is included in the bankruptcy. She tells them each month she will make the payment and she has not filed bankruptcy. She has mailed all papers, divorce, quit claim deed, etc. to mortage company and they tell her she just wasted her time, it means nothing to them. Was is going to happen.. she is really scared but did not refinance their 2nd mortage after divorce because she can not afford.. Thanking you in advance for any help you can provide.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee is her home but he moved to Georgia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not clear on your question. They are divorced, he left her last year, moved to Georgia and filed bankruptcy but she only found this out when she called to make monthly mortage payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a free service or will there be a charge

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyers require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

What will the charge be

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
11/15/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

So she for sure received a quitclaim deed from her ex-husband putting the house solely in her name? Did she record that deed with the County Recorder before the bankruptcy?