Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Case and I lost motion and the creditor won the relief of…

Customer Question
Case and I lost...

Case and I lost motion and the creditor won the relief of stay and I filed a appeal within the 14 days that was allowed per bankruptcy code I appealed to the us bankruptcy district court i received deadlines on when documents regarding are due to district court which is 10 days from the deal the notice was filed. What happens to the stay that was in placed since the appeal is now with the bankruptcy district court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Its bankruptcy yes a notice of appeal

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
I went to Bankruptcy court as there was a motion for relief from automatic stay filed by the creditor in
case and I lost motion and the creditor won the relief of stay and I filed a appeal within the 14 days that was allowed per bankruptcy code I appealed to the us bankruptcy district court i received deadlines on when documents regarding are due to district court which is 10 days from the deal the notice was filed. What happens to the stay that was in placed since the appeal is now with the bankruptcy district court?
11/8/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

The order of the lower court would be in affect untiled appealed. You would have to request a stay of the order lifting the automatic stay from the Judge who issued the lower court order. Have you attempted to do it?

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney