Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Will my contracts with ATT, TV, and Cel phone be terminated…

Customer Question
HI! will my contracts...

HI! will my contracts with ATT , TV, and Cel phone be terminated through bankruptcy 13 or 7? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

California and nothing is filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Are my contracts with the phone company cancelled with 1 or 7

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
11/8/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: LawGuy, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LawGuy
LawGuy, Attorney

If debtor has an outstanding bill on a closed account, then such bill must be included with the rest of the outstanding debts. Any such bill will be eliminated by the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filing, or paid in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy payment plan.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!