Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

What do I need to file a certficate of service in tx

Customer Question
What do I need...

What do I need to file a certficate of service in tx bankruptcy 13

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Yes I received a letter stating order dismissing pleading for lack of compliance with local rules for format of pleading

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all I have

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
9/25/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT

NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS

DALLAS DIVISION

IN RE: _______________

________________________

CASE NO.__________________

DEBTOR

_______________________________________________

CHAPTER 13

JOINT DEBTOR

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I, the undersigned, hereby certify that on ______________________, a copy of the attached

Chapter 13 Plan, with attachments, was served on each party interest listed below, by placing each copy

in an envelope properly addressed, postage fully prepaid in compliance with Local Rule 9013 (g).

Modify this to your district if it is not Dallas.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Motion to Reinstate Bankruptcy

If you wish to reinstate your bankruptcy case, you need to discover the reason for the dismissal and correct the error. The bankruptcy court has the discretion to reinstate your bankruptcy case if the judge feels doing so is necessary. However, time is of the essence when filing a motion to reinstate. While the time to file a motion to reinstate varies by state, most states require you to file the motion within 10 to 14 days after the dismissal and before the dismissal order is finalized. To file a motion to reinstate your case, include the reason why your case was dismissed and explain any mistake you made. For example, if you missed a Chapter 13 payment, explain to the court why you missed the payment. If you did miss a Chapter 13 payment, you must make up the payment and be current on your repayment plan in order to request reinstatement.

Ray, Lawyer