Bankruptcy Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified bankruptcy lawyer who will answer your question

socrateaser, Attorney

More related answers
All bankruptcy lawyers are VERIFIED
I have two separate legal questions: BOTH concern debt but
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
I have two separate legal questions: BOTH concern debt but one concerns Bankruptcy laws--specifically BK debt and an atty responsibilities if I file chapter 7. 1) If I file chapter 7 and I ask the att… read more
My only income since 4/2012 is from my SSDI benefits. A bank
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
My only income since 4/2012 is from my SSDI benefits. A bank levy was placed against my bank account to collect the HOA debt. I understand SS 207 protects me from this happening. The bank (BAC) debite… read more
In August 2012, we filed 7 BK. Went through the whole
mmdesq
mmdesq, Attorney
In August 2012, we filed for Chapter 7 BK. Went through the whole process Pro Se and at the end did not file the Financial Mgmt. Course Certificates. The case shows "Discharge Withheld, Failure to Fil… read more
Would my 86 yr old mother be judgement proof if I decided to
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
Would my 86 yr old mother be judgement proof if I decided to file chapter 7 bankruptcy? I signed my name to an elder care in home service for 24/7 care in the home for my dad after he was released fro… read more
Im working on settling credit card debt. Citicards said to
John A. Flynn, Esq.
John A. Flynn, Esq., Attorney/Owner
I'm working on settling credit card debt. Citicards said to deal with citicards NCO financials. How can I tell if the debt is sold or NCO is citicards agent? I want to settle and I can get a loan from… read more
Mother added her sons name in her credit card acct. a few
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
Mother added her son's name in her credit card acct. a few yrs. back after opening acct. to help her son build credit.Now she is filing for BK 7 . 1) Can she call up creditor to remove her son's name … read more
I have two checking accounts (two different credit unions).
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I have two checking accounts (two different credit unions). Both accounts provided privilege checking which would allow me to overdraft the account by $500 and $750, respectively, and not incur a fee … read more
I am recently divorced and gave the marital residence in which
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
I am recently divorced and gave the marital residence in which I am co-debtor back to my ex-husband. In the Decree it was stipluated that if my ex could not re-fi by June of 2012 the hosue is to be pu… read more
My chapter 7 was discharged on 4/28/11. My timeshare was not
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
My chapter 7 was discharged on 4/28/11. My timeshare was not listed and monthly payments are still being taken out. (I didn't realize because it is going out of my husband's business acct). The timesh… read more
My employer cut overtime 1st of the year resulting in over
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
My employer cut overtime 1st of the year resulting in over $1000/mo net pay and am due to lose $1592/mo in soc sec benefits for my 18 yr old HS senior in May. I will have approx $700 more per month in… read more
Hello, I am a bk attorney in Illinois, and I have a situation
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hello, I am a bk attorney in Illinois, and I have a situation that I have not encountered before. My client filed for Ch. 7 bk w/no problems, and listed her cell phone contract under executory contrac… read more
I am in Texas, filing Chapter 7, so any answers, please have
Ellen, Attorney
I am in Texas, filing Chapter 7, so any answers, please have experience in this state. My house was in loan modification review with Chase here in Austin, TX, at the same time it was in foreclosure se… read more
Hi! I work for a credit card company. My income has gone
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Hi! I work for a credit card company. My income has gone down significantly and need to file BK. I have several credit cards that will be included in this BK, probably CH 13. One is from the company I… read more
i have 25000 in credit card dept i live on social securty but
Ellen, Attorney
i have 25000 in credit card dept i live on social securty but have money in a ira what happens if i stop making payments can they go after my ira… read more
If I qualify and file a personal Chapter 7 BK, what are my
JoeLawyer
JoeLawyer, Attorney
If I qualify and file a personal Chapter 7 BK, what are my obligations to my mortgage co? During the course of the BK, am I able to not make payments, and then what happens? Approx. one year ago, my h… read more
i am in bk 13 right now . every month for the last 6 month
Phillips Esq., Attorney
i am in bk 13 right now . every month for the last 6 month the irs had been filing a motions to convert it chapter 7. the judge is tried of hearing it.we are 14 month away from our 5 year and out of b… read more
Im planning to file Chapter 7 or 13 with out my spouse. Net
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Solo Practitioner
I'm planning to file Chapter 7 or 13 with out my spouse. Net monthly income $4,790 (includes wife's net $$$) Monthly expenses $5,258 Deficit - $468 Total unsecured ccs' balance is $26,300 that I want … read more
we currently have credit card debts as well as checking account
Ellen, Attorney
we currently have credit card debts as well as checking account and safe deposit box a bank of america we have heard that they can attach all accounts and belongings if we file bankrupsey plus we are … read more