Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

This is a Chapter 7 question. The Debtor was unemployed for…

This is a Chapter 7...
This is a Chapter 7 question. The Debtor was unemployed for 4 of the last 6 months, having worked the last 2 months. Her currently monthly income amount is above the local median, but averaged over the last 6 months she is under the median. Should the income be averaged on schedule I to show the under median income or should her current income be shown on schedule I, then use the B22 or 122A, whatever the current form is, to lower the averaged amount. As always, thank you in advance for your assistance.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

you would take the income from the last 6 months, jobs/unemployment, to calculate it out to the average month combined. So, it would be less, than the current monthly income. As long as the schedule I current monthly budget is a wash with schedule J, and they aren't making a ton of money, then the UST shouldn't have an issue with them passing the means test to get into chapter 7.

Ok, as I understand it on schedule "I" you just put what they currently make, then get them under the median off of the 122A...Is that correct? Thanks again for your help...

correct. the median would be done that way, correct.

Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
got it thanks