Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I have not filed bankruptcy. in fact i have been making

Customer Question

i have not filed bankruptcy. in fact i have been making progress. i have been overdrawn at my credit union awhile my ssa check was to be posted today but it looks like the bank has not accepted. how do i get the monies back
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: illinois. no i was just told over the phone when i called about the balance that there was a note that my account was having discharge proceedings started because of pending overdrafts
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: i have not been notified of anything. i will call the courthouse when they open as well as go to the bank when the inside branch opens.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: should i get back with the lawyer because i have no way to pay until i get this straightened out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?