Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Rule 1009 all petitions, lists and scheduled statements and

Customer Question
admendments should be verified or...
Rule 1009 all petitions, lists and scheduled statements and admendments should be verified or contain unsworn delcaration to filed what is this
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/24/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This covers any amendments you need to make to your petitions, schedules, etc.

Rule 1009. Amendments of Voluntary Petitions, Lists, Schedules and Statements

(a) General Right To Amend. A voluntary petition, list, schedule, or statement may be amended by the debtor as a matter of course at any time before the case is closed. The debtor shall give notice of the amendment to the trustee and to any entity affected thereby. On motion of a party in interest, after notice and a hearing, the court may order any voluntary petition, list, schedule, or statement to be amended and the clerk shall give notice of the amendment to entities designated by the court.

(b) Statement of Intention. The statement of intention may be amended by the debtor at any time before the expiration of the period provided in §521(a) of the Code. The debtor shall give notice of the amendment to the trustee and to any entity affected thereby.

(c) Statement of Social Security Number. If a debtor becomes aware that the statement of social security number submitted under Rule 1007(f) is incorrect, the debtor shall promptly submit an amended verified statement setting forth the correct social security number. The debtor shall give notice of the amendment to all of the entities required to be included on the list filed under Rule 1007(a)(1) or (a)(2).

(d) Transmission to United States Trustee. The clerk shall promptly transmit to the United States trustee a copy of every amendment filed or submitted under subdivision (a), (b), or (c) of this rule.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer