Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Can I rent to own a home in Tennessee with chapter 7 and…

Can I rent to own...
Can I rent to own a home in Tennessee with chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy on my credit?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/9/2017
LawGuy
LawGuy, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Were the bankruptcys' discharged? How long ago?

This is a private arrangement with the seller/lessor?

Ok Thank You
I had ch7 discharge 2015 and ready file ch13. Ch13 require 3 years of payment. Ch7 dont have payments
Not sure if private owner or seller agency

Was the Chap 13 discharged or are you still operating under the plan and the jurisdiction of the court?

I suppose to file this month. But if I cant rent to own with ch13 I will wait after i rent to own then file ch13

You would need the permission of the trustee to enter into a new lease or rent to own contract if you have a pending chap 13.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

basically the best thing to do is get hoe then file?

Correct. There will be limitations after you file.

Ok but what type of limitations

You will need the trustee's approval.

Your creditors will be able to object and block the contract.

Ok. When I do file can I still use md to file if I still have a home in md and tn at the same time?

Yes, if that is your state of residency.

I will have an address at tn and md. Will i be able to file it for state of md or tn when i file next year?
I will have an address at tn and md. Will i be able to file it for state of md or tn when i file next year

You would file in the state of your primary residence.

LawGuy
LawGuy, Attorney
Ok thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you for using JA.