How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYCLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 57692
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
NYCLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not paid my property tax for 2016. I have credit card

Customer Question

I have not paid my property tax for 2016. I have credit card debt of about 27k. The house is under my name and my sister and 3 brothers. I am not able to borrow, but I am making headway. I have no proof of income as I have not filed income tax since 2013. I don't want to file bankruptcy , but would it protect my home?
JA: What sort of protection is being sought? What are the debts in question?
Customer: I do have unsecured debt, credit cards, but I am most concerned with getting some time to pay my real estate tax. I believe I can earn the money by the end of this year.
JA: Have you talked to an attorney?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Have you attempted to work out a payment plan based on financial hardship?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can i do that with the property tax
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
you or a lawyer can do that. You will need to explain the hardship and disclose financials.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will do that. Thank you
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars.