Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I have not paid my property tax for 2016. I have credit card…

Customer Question
I have not paid...

I have not paid my property tax for 2016. I have credit card debt of about 27k. The house is under my name and my sister and 3 brothers. I am not able to borrow, but I am making headway. I have no proof of income as I have not filed income tax since 2013. I don't want to file bankruptcy , but would it protect my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: What sort of protection is being sought? What are the debts in question?

I do have unsecured debt, credit cards, but I am most concerned with getting some time to pay my real estate tax. I believe I can earn the money by the end of this year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an attorney?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/2/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
Have you attempted to work out a payment plan based on financial hardship?
Can i do that with the property tax
you or a lawyer can do that. You will need to explain the hardship and disclose financials.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
I will do that. Thank you
Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars.
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney