Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I had my car repossessed this morning at 10:30am while it

Customer Question

I had my car repossessed this morning at 10:30am while it was under an active chapter 13 bankruptcy case. I just faxed proof of the active case but need to get my car back and also want to sue. What are my options?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: California 2008 mercedes benz ml350
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: in terms of the car being repossessed, no. in terms of the bankruptcy case yes, definitely. I notified the bk court clerk.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Legal Expert Justin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Have you heard from the towing company yet? Do you know if they will give you back your car?