Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Filed chapter 7 and received discharge, massachusetts dept…

Customer Question
Filed chapter 7 and...

Filed chapter 7 and received discharge, massachusetts dept of revenue seizing assets and not honoring discharge. how do we make them stop, remove liens and return seized money?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Live in massachusetts, filed chapter 7 ankruptcy in california, woodland hills

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Liens against me,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Received dis

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 2 days by:
7/23/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Amadeo Rivera,
 replied 1 year ago
Amadeo Rivera

Hello. My name is Marcelo. I have been practicing law for 17 years and have a lot of experience in bankruptcy.

Did the Mass Dept. of Rev have notice of the bankruptcy? What you need to do is to go back to the bankruptcy court. You need to file a motion to show cause in the court. The idea is for the Mass Dept. of Rev. to come in to court and explain to the bankruptcy judge why they should not be held in contempt of court for violating the discharge. The lawyer who filed your Chapter 7 should start by sending them a letter with the notice of discharge and giving them notice to cease and desist. If that doesn't stop them, then go to the court. If I have answered your question for you, please provide positive feedback so I can receive payment. If you need additional information, please let me know.