Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

We had a bankruptcy and all we well. We have a 5th wheel

Customer Question

we had a bankruptcy and all we well . We have a 5th wheel trailer that was with Wells Fargo. I wanted to keep it so we were making payments to there law office, then I got were it was hard to make the payments so I asked if they were going to pick it up they told me know the bank had wrote it off .i't been 4 years now. I would like to sell it but who has the title and can I get it?
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Az. The bankruptcy was done 4 years ago and it was included.
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if I can get the title
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

This is a very common and difficult problem. The 5th Wheel still has a lien on the title even though the loan was discharged. The only way to get the title is to work directly with the original lien holder to see what it will take to get them to release the lien.

The added difficulty is that very often once the loan is written off the paper work regarding the loan (including the lien title) is archived and sometimes lost.

I am very sorry to tell you that there is no guarantee the lien holder will work with you. BUT contact them and see if they will work with you.

If they refuse all is not lost. There are people who will buy it without a title for the purpose of placing it on a permanent camp site. As long as you are clear in dealing with potential buyers that you are selling it "As Is" and without Title you may do so.

The lien holders do not want these vehicles and will not take them from you or repossess them because their value is limited.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you

You are welcome. I hope you find a solution for this.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)