Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
10285032

Judge set hearing on a letter I sent. I would like to file a

Customer Question

Judge set hearing on a letter I sent. I would like to file a motion to vacate and see if I can get hearing on my issues dismissed/vacated. Bankruptcy court AZ (order dismissing debts in Chapter 7 was granted). Lender on home would not foreclose. when I wrote court asking for assistance, they foreclosed. Need form requesting hearing be vacated on merit of violating the BK order
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a motion with BK court asking for relief from lender's collection practices.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I found out the home in Texas was foreclosed on and a sale is pending so hearing would be moot.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you sent in a request the court took as a motion from you and set it for a hearing, you can file a motion to voluntarily dismiss your previous motion and ask the court to dismiss the motion and cancel the hearing. You would mention in the motion to voluntarily dismiss that the sale is pending so that renders your motion and hearing moot.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.