DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I have an active Chap 13 bankruptcy, and someone in my Bank

I have an active Chap 13 bankruptcy, and someone in my Bank sent information to my trustee along with documents from my account about a workmans comp check that I cashed, which was already listed as exempt on my bankruptcy, but did not list it as a workmans comp check but a settlement check, now the trustee has open an investigation on me for hiding funds, what can i do to the bank?
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: NY and haven't seen anything thru my bankruptcy lawyer yet about the investigation
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

I suspect nothing will come of the investigation. But do you have any idea why the bank sent that to the trustee? They have might violated a privacy clause in your deposit contract.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No clue, My wife works at the branch and does have a co-worker who does not like her, I have filed a complaint with the bank and their HR and legal department are investigating it

Alright, sounds like you are doing exactly the right things. I suspect some law or contract will have been violated by the person that did that. ie: employment contract. I can help further once you know the facts if you like. Since the check was disclosed then you are not going to have a problem. It is exempt and you are chapter 13, it should go away quickly.

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.