Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Have a question about my mortgage company. we have a

Customer Question
hello! have a question about...
hello! have a question about my mortgage company. we have a affirmation agreement that we have been for months now they want to change it and what us to pay a lump sum .then pay a monthly payment. my husband lost his job (oil) when we filed bankruptcy. can they do that?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the reaffirmation agreement was signed by both us and them and filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the amount they want keeps changing
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/15/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Hello, the reaffirmation agreement is the new contract. So, unless the contract allows them to do what they are doing, then no, they cannot do that!

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney