Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I understand in personal bankruptcy this cannot be done, but…

I understand in personal...

I understand in personal bankruptcy this cannot be done, but In a business to business environment, is it legal to publicize debtors who have filed bankruptcy, such as the company name, principals & amount?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

LA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Bankruptcy paperwork as I said, but not sure what else you might mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

4/15/2017
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
the information is public record, factual and non defamatory.Good luck.Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.
For clarity, would this answer apply to all types of business bankruptcies (7, 11, 13) & be applicable to recently filed, ongoing cases & settled bankruptcies, unless specifically sealed by a Judge?
And please don't take offense, but to ease my mind before publicizing the information only to find myself in a legal bind later, you're aware personal bankruptcy's are also public record, but "Fair Debt Collection Laws" specifically forbids putting this information in the public domain by any third party, creditor, collector or otherwise?
Thanks again,
That is correct. Would apply to all bankruptcies. The FDCPA would apply to creditors and collection efforts. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.