Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Second opinion] I have a question on an aspect of

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a question on an aspect of bankruptcy . . . can you may be help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Florida. And yes, the documentation has been filed; the debts discharged. The question is whether IRA monies are considered an asset IF they go into a checking account to pay for the bankruptcy fee and filing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The Trustee considers the IRA monies I put in my checking account to be an asset even though I have a paper trail showing I paid my bankruptcy fee and filing fee with these monies.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/22/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

The question is whether IRA monies are considered an asset IF they go into a checking account to pay for the bankruptcy fee and filing.

Response: Unfortunately, yes even if you have paper trailing showing that the money withdrawn was used to pay for the bankruptcy fee and filing.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law