Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Can a debtor pick and choose which executory contracts they…

Can a debtor pick and...
Can a debtor pick and choose which executory contracts they want to either assume or reject in their bankruptcy schedule filing? Or do they need to assume all/reject all executory contracts.Also, is it bankruptcy fraud for a debtor to not list patent license agreements in a bankruptcy schedule filing under the executory contract section??
2/17/2017
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

Good morning. Yes, a debtor can pick and choose what contracts they wish to assume or reject, it isn't all or nothing. Second, yes, it may be grounds to object to discharge if the debtor does not disclose assets such as patent license agreements on schedule B or contracts/leases on schedule G

Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney