Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I had just filed chpt 13 met with trustee last Thursday I…

Good morning , Lawyer's...

Good morning ,

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?

I had just filed chpt 13 met with trustee last Thursday I got a surprise when I got home my son had paid off my home and car 359000 What do i do from here?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And are you working with a local attorney?

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Im assuming its all been filed we met with trustee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is my big question

1/16/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to notify the trustee what happened and you had no knowledge of this until you left the Trustee meeting. This means too that it may end up changing your qualification for bankruptcy as it changes your debt/asset ratio. So you must notify the trustee tomorrow and will have to bring in all the proof of payment to them for them to review and recalculate.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I required by law to tell Trustee?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are required to be truthful with the trustee and the court, so you have to inform them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But when I was at trustee office I was telling the truth I had listed all of my assets And everything I said under oath was completely true at the time

Thank you for your reply.

You have an ongoing duty to keep the trustee and court updated to changes, if not it can be considered fraud. So if things changed from what you told him the other day, you need to inform him under your continuing duty to update.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney