How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2667
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a interest is land that is undivided.My sibling wants

Customer Question

I have a interest is land that is undivided.My sibling wants me to buy her out, but I cannot pay what she wants. So she has her lawyer send a paper that says she is going to declare chapter 23 banckruptcy. What does this mean? thanks
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Texas, no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Texas Atty replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Texas Atty replied 7 months ago.

Are you sure it said Chapter 23 bankruptcy?