Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Credit Card debt. I'm in California my wife lives in France.

Credit Card debt. I'm in California...
Credit Card debt.
I'm in California my wife lives in France.
IM filing for BK chapter 7. Separate from my wife.
I stopped paying on a credit card in 2005. We got married in 2006.
Cach LLC picked up the debt from BAnk of America and got a judgement in 2010 against me...will my wife be responsible for my debt if I BK.
12/3/2016
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
She will not. Its not her debt. The creditor should not pursue her as it violates the fair debt collection act.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.Happy holidays.
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry got called away....I have a bunch more questions tomorrow, Sunday. I hope your available....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looked for the bonus....let me know Tommorrow and I'll gladly do so.

Thanks. usually the prompt is after rating. If cannot find can always reply back and let me know amount and can be manually done too. enjoy your sunday

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please clarify for me it would be most appreciated.