Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

21 November 2016 05:31 New Question: The Garnished wages…

21 November 2016 05:31 New Question...
21 November 2016 05:31
New Question: The Garnished wages were not included on Schedule C. Can the Debtor Amend Schedule C to include the Wages? What other Schedule needs amending; and what is the proper Maryland Code Annotated, 11-504 (b)(5) or (f) or other?Finally, how do I add a bonus? The page for authorizing tips/bonuses doesn't appear
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2016
Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Attorney

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; the information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you. It may take a few minutes because I am typing an answer.

You would amend Schedule A/B: Property and Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt. You would also amend your Statement of Financial Affiars, Part 4, numbers 9 and 10 to list the garnishment case and garnished funds. Here is the link for the Maryland code section: 2013 Maryland Code, COURTS AND JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS, § 11-504(b)(5) - Exemptions from execution. You can protect $6,000 of the value of any property if claimed within 30 days of attachment or levy. This a “wild card” used to protect any property that is not specifically described in other code sections, generally cash or cash-equivalents such as tax refunds, stock and bonds, accounts receivables, life insurance with cash value, etc. I hope this helps.

I am not sure where the bonus button is, but look next to the 5 stars. I appreciate it.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.

Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Attorney