KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I bought a car last year and I was in the discharge phase of

Customer Question

I bought a car last year and I was in the discharge phase of my chapter 13. On my credit report the car loan in included in my chapter 13 and states that is paid. I'm still making payments on the car and the car loan is not on credit report. Do I still make payments or is the car paid for.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I will assist you today. A few questions, are you still making payments to the plan?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The chapter 13 has been discharged Sept 2015 and in Aug 2015 I got a car loan and that car loan states included in chapter 13 on my credit report and states paid. I called CPS who I have the car financed with and they said that I have to fill a dispute on my credit report.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The new car loan should be reported on the credit report because it is a debt. However, the fact that your chapter 13 had been discharged in September of 2015, and you took out the loan in August of 2015, then any debts incurred during that period the credit reporting agency believes that the loan was taken out under the chapter 13 plan. All you can do is dispute the entry by writing each credit agency and state that the loan was taken outside of the chapter 13 plan and it should be reported on your credit report, Include copies of the Chapter 13 Plan showing that the car loan is not on the plan, the vehicle contract and the car title showing the lien. You should also ask the financing company for a letter stating that the loan is not in the chapter 13 plan. After that they should correct the entry and the car loan will appear on your credit report.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.