How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2143
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Leslie. Pearl. I have a judgment against me awarded to the

Customer Question

Hello Leslie.
JA: Has anything been prepared or filed so far? Have you consulted an attorney?
Customer: Hello, Pearl. I have a judgment against me awarded to the plaintiff after a chapter 7 discharge on July 1, 2008. So far I had not made any payments and no judgment was found on my credit report. But they did file a block on my investment account. Please advise the statue of limitation. Thank you for your support.
JA: What are the exact charges, and where does the matter stand as of now?
Customer: $100/month and no payments were made since 2008.
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a possibility of unblocking my investment account?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

My understanding of Ohio law under Ohio Code 2325.18 is that a judgment is no longer enforceable 10 years after it becomes dormant. It becomes dormant after 5 years if no action is taken to revive or enforce it. So the judgement can remain valid at the most 15 years after it is issued.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated