Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I received a motion for relief from the automatic stay from

Customer Question

I received a motion for relief from the automatic stay from my mortgage company attorney and i am not sure what to do or how to handle it
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: I have a copy of the motion that was petition to the bankruptcy court requesting a hearing...thats all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ..whatever he/she wants to know I'll answer... I'm just desperate for help.. i filed chap 13 for relief and it has been more heartache
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file opposition to the Motion and tell the Court why the Motion should not be granted. You must file your response within the time stated in the Notice. Otherwise, the lender would win by default and proceed with the foreclosure of your property. Click here for sample Motion In Opposition to Motion for Relief from the Automatic Stay.

Goodluck with your case,