Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

If $25,000 paid to IRS and chap 13 case was dismissed due to…

Customer Question
If $25,000 paid to...

If $25,000 paid to IRS and chap 13 case was dismissed due to hardship, will money be deducted from balance owed IRS?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And are you working with a local attorney?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

New Chap 13 petition

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

No unless the IRS debt was discharged. Any monies paid to the IRS will reduce the tax liability but the debt is not deducted unless actually discharged.

Was the IRS debt discharged at all?

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.