How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2667
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The trustee in my ch 13 case is seeking to reopen my case

Customer Question

The trustee in my ch 13 case is seeking to reopen my case after closing it 9 months. He says I owe $1000. The trustee has never directly contacted me but contacted my former bankruptcy attorney who has made it t very clear to me that this would require a new retainer. Additionally the trustee attempted to bypass the court by contacting the payroll department at my work and directing them to take the money out of my paycheck. He has filed a motion to reopen because I challenged his authority to take the money. Should I proceed with the motion or pay?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I am a bankruptcy attorney in Virginia. I look forward to helping you with this issue. Are you online now?

Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm here on standby. Please let me know if you still need help. Thanks.