Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I have the same question do my Va disability compensation

Customer Question

Hi I have the same question do my Va disability compensation have to be considered in a means test for chater 7 or chap 13.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: Yes a civil judgement has been enter and I'm already in a Chap 13 .Florida has exemption of pennsion, SSDI Or SSi a, of course there is Title 38 Section 5301. All of which I brought up with my Atty but He doesn't want to listen.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No That's about it for now. Thank You.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I a licensed attorney for over 20 years and I look forward to assisting you. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Please hold on while I review your question and type an answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are My VA compensation exempt and defined as not income as stated i title 38 section 5301

Just to be clear, your are in a chapter 13 now? Are you looking to convert to a chapter 7?

I'm here on standby. Please let me know if you still need help. I am ready to call you if you want me to.