Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I was served a notice of Levy under the writ Execution

(money Judgment) and I own...
I was served a notice of Levy under the writ Execution (money Judgment) and I own my business as well what do I have to do for this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The person Named was my self DBA floral sensations, an individual and John Gomez, DBA floral sensations that is it but not sure what I have to do next or what this means
9/6/2016
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this.

Was it a writ of general execution? What property are they trying to levy/execute on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it just says Notice of Levy under writ of and the checked box execution( Money Judgment) then under that the 1. check box levy all monies, bonus and commissions due and owing in the name of the judgment debtor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a second page that reads Memorandum of Garnishee as well and then 3rd page that looks like the court doucument with the seal on it and date stamped

Does it state who the garnishee is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my company name

Oh ok I see. So your company got garnished to any monies it is going to pay you. Is there not an "answer" form or some form for the company to fill out stating what it owes you, etc?

And thats from the same collector you are making payments to? Did you have an agreement with them that they would not collect so long as you made payments?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was making payment a while ago but then had to stop and they have not agreed to any other terms with me, now I get this after not speaking with them for a few months

Ok, so that all makes sense. Is there not an answer form for you to fill out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe that is the questions at the bottom, but not sure what I should fill out I don't receive a paycheck from my company I have not paid myself for sometime, the is a 3. check box that says the garnishee holds neither any property nor any obligations in favor of the judgment debtor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go to an Appt. can you call me in the car would that help

Sure but the calls, have a premium charge associated with them. Let me know if you still want that. Otherwise, I can follow up later.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that the charge I see on the screen?

I am not sure to be honest what you might be seeing, but I just checked and it is a $59 additional charge.

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I will have you call my partner who was also served
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Hello, not too sure what happened with the request there. Do you still need assistance with this issue?

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney