Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

My trustee filed a motion to dismiss my chapter 13, which I…

my trustee filed a motion...
my trustee filed a motion to dismiss my chapter 13, which I filed July 1, 2016. He argued that since I filed on chapter 7 in 2011, which was later coverted to chap 13 and then another chapter 13 in 2012, which was dismiss because I was able to workout with the creditor prior to payments started on the plan. I have complied with all requirements and filed a very reasonable plan, which is basically to pay my late mortgage. I have no other creditors, except a car loan, which has only 425.00 left on a car that is basically out of the road. How should I respond
8/29/2016
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

What is the argument the trustee is making? That it is a bad faith filing and you are a serial filer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is saying that because I filed before, those years and the ch. 13 was not completed for the reasons i mentioned (since I worked out the issue with the creditor at the time - they just refi. my mortgage) I let the case be dismissed. I had two fillings, last one in 2012. I made my first payment on the plan and have complied with all filling requirements. I just saw him today for the meeting of creditors and he asked me if I have responded to the motion I told hime that I was drafting it, and he said that the hearing might be postponed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer I am not sure. Are those questions you ask me your answer?

Alright, well to me, 4 years later is sufficient time despite the prior filings. I would just put all that in your response to the motion. Put in there that you are current and have complied with all filing requirements and see chapter 13 relief to allow you to catch up on mortgage arrears.

Your reasons sound justified to me. You may just have to file a response and take it to hearing. Who knows, maybe the trustee will withdraw his motion.

Do you have any further questions?

No that is not my answer, but sometimes we need additional information to provide a more thoughtful answer to you.

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer Ok, thank you. Is there a specific format to respond?

No there is not a specific format. You can just copy the format of the motion the trustee used and call it RESPONSE TO TRUSTEE'S MOTION TO DISMISS. File with the clerk and be sure to send a copy to the trustee.

Any further questions?

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney