How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a legal item on my credit record. It was filed during

Customer Question

I have a legal item on my credit record. It was filed during a chapter 7 we had and was given a non show judgement. My attorney sent a letter demanding a release of judgement which I have received from them. However how do I get this removed from my credit record? It should have never of been there.
I have another legal item from a credit card company, they were mentioned in the chapter 7 but the day the bankruptcy was over Dec 15, 2015, they filed a legal item for the amount. Can I get that off my record, attorney says they should not been able to do this.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

The only way to get incorrect items removed is to ask the creditor to do so or else to file a dispute with the credit bureaus under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). There is a bunch of information available online to help with that. All the steps could not be explained here, but that is where you need to turn. Does that help?