Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I receive a notice that my 341 Meeting was closed due to not…

I receive a notice that...
I receive a notice that my 341 Meeting was closed due to not filing the supplemental documents on time... is there a way I can revive/reopen/reconsider this decision?
8/6/2016
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your Section 341 Metting was closed.

Yes, there is a way to ask the Court to put reopen the Meeting. You need to file Motion for Reopening of the Meeting and Permission to file the missing documents with the Court. This is a simple Motion making certain requests to the Court. Click here for sample Motions. Modify as appropriate.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the reply but... is a Meeting Close the same as the Case Closed? I see the links you sent were for reopening a case... so when they closed the meeting did they closed the case? Thank you.

Sorry for the reply but... is a Meeting Close the same as the Case Closed?

Response 1: No, it is not. If the case is closed, you would receive a notice that the case is closed.

I see the links you sent were for reopening a case... so when they closed the meeting did they closed the case? Thank you.

Response 2: The case can be closed after the Meeting. However, you should have received a notice from the Court letting you know that the case is closed. The link I sent you is just a sample. I also said to modify it as appropriate. You need to contact the Clerk's office to find out that status of your case.