Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Can the bankruptcy court put our house up for sale when we…

Customer Question
Can the bankruptcy court put...
Can the bankruptcy court put our house up for sale when we didn't complete the bankruptcy courses after court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/3/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

The bankruptcy trustee is not going to sell your home simply because you did not complete the debtor's education courses (you will not receive your discharge until you complete those courses - they are fairly simple and take only a short amount of your time), but I would highly recommend that you retain a local bankruptcy attorney promptly to go over your bankruptcy case, identify where exactly your case was left by your former attorney at the time that he passed away, and see if there is something else out there that is left open (or that occurred) that would possibly jeopardize your home (other than the completion of these courses).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney