How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell out of.bankruptcy due to not beinget able to make the

Customer Question

I fell out of.bankruptcy due to not beinget able to make the plan payments. The intention able to return from temporay disibility, old job. During the.last there months I am permanently disabled. Can I reapply for bankruptcy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can refile a case. If you can afford the new plan payments and can demonstrate a change in circumstances. You need to bring a motion to extend the automatic stay if you are refiling within a year of the dismissal, or a motion to impose the stay if this will be the 3rd case in a 12 month period.

let me know what questions you have, thanks

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions