Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I bought a used 2010 chevy hhr from drive time in march

Customer Question

I bought a used 2010 chevy hhr from drive time in march 2016, Its been in the shop 6 times for the same thing. Is there a used car lemon law in ky that I could take them to court? Im still paying on a car that rear ended me but had no gap insurance, I filled chapter 7 in 2012 and ex wife got us in collections with an apartment. Can I refile chapter 7, I only draw VA and social
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier. Finally, please remember to assign a feedback rating to close out the question.

1. Need a clarification. Are you saying that you filed bankruptcy in 2012 because of a debt related to an apartment?

2. Are you saying that you want to include the loan on another car that you owned and was rear ended in the BK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no gap insurance and owe the bank 8K along with 16K on the hhr that worth about 7k. I have spent 2K on getting this same issue fixed that never covered under warrenty so I have to pay forwhat dwrong with it pay to fix it and don't get refunded back on the rental need everyday to go to va. Counting the eviction from this apartment and I just draw social and 80 percent va. which is nothing when your car insurance is 650 a month for one car and 1200 I lost by not having seziures.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

1. Is there a used car lemon law in ky that I could take them to court?

If you can prove very specific misrepresentations, you may have a claim for fraud or a private claim under KRS 367.220 for violation of the Consumer Protection Act. You also might be able to revoke acceptance under the UCC. See KRS Chapter 355. That said, there is no used car lemon law in KY.

See these laws:

2. I filled chapter 7 in 2012 and ex wife got us in collections with an apartment. Can I refile chapter 7?

If you have already received a discharge in a Chapter 7, you must wait eight years from the date you filed the previous case before you can file another Chapter 7 and receive a discharge.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time and we can close out this question. Thank you.