How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 41572
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed everything successfully. However, I have not

Customer Question

I have filed everything successfully. However, I have not completed the reaffirmation agreement. I would like to know if there is a way to delay the discharge of my debts in order to complete the agreement.
Is there an extension form or something similar I can submit to the court? Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can file a motion for continuance if you need more time here to complete reaffirmation agreement.You would include that as good cause for the continuance and an expected amount of time you need, say 30-60 days to complete it and then seek discharge.


I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Sample motion for continuance