How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Licensed and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a house that was being foreclosed on. I am

Customer Question

I purchased a house that was being foreclosed on. I am anticipating the judge to dismiss the foreclosure what will I need to bring as far as an order for the judge to sign?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​Did you pay off all of all of the mortgages and liens on this house at the closing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I have paid nothing. It is a very long story. But it comes down to the judge is pissed at the other side for refusing to mediate terms. The last round of crap I think will have him dismiss the case. 6 months ago he basicly told the other side to come to a close on this. There answer was to file new paperwork on th case and summons and all. They acted as if they couldn't find me and so on. I filed to put it back in front of the judge and I used the address that was on the envelope addressed to the lawyer on the paperwork. It was returned to sender as no such address. So they will not be there. I will be asking for a default judgement

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but generally, a party in a lawsuit is expected to draft any proposed orders or default judgments and if defendant is unable to draft proposed documents for the judge to sign, then the defendant can either go to a local law library (at the local law school or courthouse) and research the issue and to find a template of a form similar to the one that defendant need, which can then be modified to the defendant's specific case or defendant can hire an experienced local real state attorney to help him with any legal forms or issues related to the foreclosure case.

You can find an experienced and skilled local real estate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real estate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.