How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 19319
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I live in Colorado. We are both seniors. My

Customer Question

My husband and I live in Colorado.
We are both seniors.
My husband retires in 3 months.
We need to declare bankruptcy.
7 seems best but we might be over limit on equity.
Would you be able to walk us through the steps of doing it ourselves?Thank youMarilynn Morton
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Filing for bankruptcy is a complicated process. If you need to file the bankruptcy petition yourselves, you would need to attend one of "pro se clinics" that are run by local bankruptcy Courts. Click on the link below to see the scheduled dates for pro se clinics in your area: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.