Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Another question I have would be I have a home equity line

of credit on my house...
another question I have would be I have a home equity line of credit on my house for 37000 and I did list it on my bankruptcy that I filed eight years ago. . Whats the minimum I have to pay on this loan to stay in my home.
5/20/2016
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
You need to make the monthly payments as agreed. Otherwise, the lender can still foreclose because the lender's security interest on the property was not discharged in your bankruptcy. What was discharged is your personal obligation on the note so that if the lender forecloses and there is a deficiency, the lender can never come after you for the deficiency. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law