Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I,am getting ready to file but last year I

Customer Question
I,am getting ready to file...
I,am getting ready to file for bankruptcy but last year I had my student debt forgiven and some credit cards written off as bad debt and second mortgage forgiven. Now that I finally have social security I am going to be hit with a major tax bill I could never pay off 8 am disabled and this was beyond my conyrol. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/19/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Your question is too broad. Kindly be more specific. Did you receive 1099-C for the forgiven debts? A written of debt is not a forgiven debt unless the creditor actually cancels the debt and sends you a 1099-C. Did you receive 1099-Cs for the written off debts?
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney