How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 42285
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you haven't used a homestead exemption and inherit a house

Customer Question

If you haven't used a homestead exemption and inherit a house can you then amend your exemptions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You have the right here to chance the home you are claiming for homestead exemption.If you are wanting to change here you need only complete the new one claiming the inherited property and also if you have a second property notify the tax assessor that you are changing the one you are claiming. You are bale to change here and claim the one you inherited.But you can only claim one as your homestead for tax purposes.