Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

If I issue an adult sister a credit card with $ limit to help

Customer Question
her through a difficult financial...
If I issue an adult sister a credit card with $ limit to help her through a difficult financial period, do I become responsible for her, her other bills or her actions in any way, other than the credit card billing amount?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/5/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. The answer is no...you providing a credit card (for her use) would NOT incur any obligations, for you, towards any of her creditors. This would be the same as if you gave her $1000 as a gift...doing this will not allow her lenders to sue you for her debtsPlease let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Attorney