Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I purchased a property at a tax deed sale for $30,000 and received dee

Customer Question
d with 6 month right...
I purchased a property at a tax deed sale for $30,000 and received dee d with 6 month right of redemption., property value $700,000. Three months after purchase foment owner files chapter 11 bankruptcy to sell property free and clear of all liens. There are $650,000 secured liens including $100,000 property taxes . bankruptcy judge allows sale under 363(f).for $100,000. File petition in Land Court after six month redemption expires. After all parties served, Land Court judge dismisses my tax deed case without being redeemed one penny. I am out $35,000.
What are my options if any?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/4/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Why do you say that you are out $35,000? When the owner redeems it, the they have to pay the tax sale redemption price, which should include the amount you paid for the tax deed. I suspect that your 35,000 attachment to the sale proceeds along with the delinquent taxes. But this is a highly technical specialty area and you need a Massachusetts tax sale specialist, not a corruption lawyer. I am submitting this as an information request rather than answer. I do not practice in Massachusetts,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because of corruption, the property was sold at the bankruptcy sale to a friend, I received nothing. At time of redemption, the bankruptcy lawyer asked to have my tax deed case dismissed. The Land Court dismissed my tax deed case. I am out $35,000 That is corruption. Land court own documents state you get the property unless the former owner redeems. The Land court ruled theyou don't have to redeem. $35,000 - 0 = $35,000. I am out $35,000! I am happy to send my opposition to dismiss and a transcript of bankruptcy sale to you if I can have your email address. I sent related docs and have many more if you care, I need a corruption lawyer.Since I don't believe your answer was helpful at this point anyway, may I receive a refund? Unless you can connect me with a corruption lawyer and understand this is corruption.Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer is based on normal ruling. With corruption, the former owner doesn't redeem and gets to keep the $700,000 property. I will attach document where the same person embezzled $550,000. Notice date, simultaneously sells adjacent property for $550,000 and purchase back for $1.I am super organized and can provide anything you need to make my case clear. I have purchased over a hundred properties, mostly at foreclosure, am licensed Massachusetts real estate broker, can do title work, I know what I am talking about.Hope you can help or point me in the right direction, I am willing to pay you a piece of the pie, $100,000 if you can get me justice.Sincerely, *****(###) ###-####**@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hired a Land Court attorney Henry Lane, he said because of corruption, there is nothing you can do. He stated without corruption, things go normal, with corruption you bite the bullet. He represented me in the bankruptcy court October 21, 2016.
Gene: I practice only in my state in the Midwest. A word to the wise: You need a good MA tax sale /bankruptcy specialist if you can find one in or near the county where the tax sale occurred. If you try to be your own attorney, yelling fraud and corruption, you 'll come off as a kook and nobody will listen to you. By the way, there's no such thing as a "corruption" attorney. Good luck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hired a tax sale, land court attorney, attorney Henry Lane, Whitenville Ma..He told me with corruption there is nothing you can do. I attached the transcript with my hired attorney. I paid him initially $1500, he lost because of corruption, and is asking me to pay him additional $3000 dollars.What am I To do. Do you realize corruption does exist in the real world? When you deal with valuable property such as this corruption exists.If you are unable to provide an acceptable answer can I get a refund? I prefer not provide a bad review stating you could not help because you're not from Massachusetts.Thank you again.Regards,
Gene
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not satisfied with answer, actually no answer provided.
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney