Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

My ex-husband filed a Chapter 13 and is claiming he owes me

Customer Question

My ex-husband filed a Chapter 13 and is claiming he owes me $14,500 in arrears spousal support. He actually owes me $26,176.65. I got the notice yesterday after being out of town and the objection is due tomorrow. I think I can do it myself with a bit of guidance as I'm handling my 8 year long divorce by myself.
I can fill out forms and do service etc. I've already done lots of that. I just need to know what the correct procedure is for doing it.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
you need to file a proof of claim form with the bankruptcy court. http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-formsYou'll need to use B410, B410A, B410S-1 B410S-2 where applicable. You'll have to attach proof, such as the judgment award. Be sure to redact minor's names and any social security #s tooIt's pretty straight forward forms
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
the good news is this debt is paid in full 100% through the bankruptcy.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have any questions.