How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Your Own Question
Mark, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 541
Experience:  14 years, real estate, tax, bankruptcy, debt resolution, and criminal law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a summons to appear in another state

Customer Question

I have received a summons to appear in another state for the matter just answered. One do I need an attonery to represent me/ 2 how much can the judge take from my monthly pay I am below the poverty level making under 22,000 a year and on food stamps. 3 what documents do I need to bring to court 4 what free legal aid or help can i get in georgia 5 will I go to prison? 6 I am a stage 3 cancer patient receiving chemo treatments will the court take this into account. a quick response would be appreciated I currently filing for bankruptcy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.
Here is the contact for legal aid: you are filing for bankruptcy it may stop the case depending upon the matter. They can't put you in jail for owing a debt. It is always a good idea to get some help from an attorney. You could tell them you are judgment proof and provide proof. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this is some help in the matter I am dealing with but it does not cover what documents to bring with me or what limits there are on the judge to seek compensation from my paycheck. thank you for the quick response
Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.
You should probably bring proof that you are below the poverty level and on food stamps. That proof could be your prior years tax returns and anything showing you receive food stamps.Here is some more info that may help: