Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I went to an attorney to deal with a former divorce attorney

Customer Question
harassment about a disputed bill...
i went to an attorney to deal with a former divorce attorney harassment about a disputed bill. He filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy electronically during that visit. Upon petition review with the bankruptcy trustee , i asked that the petition be withdrawn based on my misunderstanding of the process as he explained it. My attorney said that i could not, so i have been sucked into this process where i being financially drained and treated like a criminal . i have had 3 attorneys who just basically twist my arm to mortgage or sell my home and pay the money that the trustee wants. i don't want another atty. that calls themselves bankruptcy atty. because they just seem to be working for the trustee while i pay them. I want someone who can deal with reverse this mentally mistake that happened on day one . i want someone who i can pay to work for my justice. don't know what title or practice that falls under but hope it is not someone tied to that system. someone on the outside . Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/22/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A debtor can file a motion in a CH 7 case to voluntarily dismiss their bankruptcy. In order for the court to dismiss the bankruptcy, the court has to be satisfied that the debtor will have some way to make payments upon or pay off the debts that are listed in the bankruptcy petition. If you cannot find another local attorney to file the motion for voluntary dismissal of the bankruptcy, you need to dismiss your current attorney and file your own motion to dismiss. Here is a sample motion to dismiss; http://www.delmarlearning.com/companions/content/076682036X/downloads/pdf/DebtorMotionToDismiss.pdf
If you cannot show that you have found some way to pay the debts, the court will not dismiss the bankruptcy I am afraid.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone service is a premium service and I will send you the offer as required by the site.
If you have any follow up questions, you can post them here without premium fees and I will reply to you here.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney